Monday, 7 May 2007

Understanding the rules

A couple of weeks ago I read this post on the Flickr blog, announcing that last saturday, May 5Th 2007 would be "24 hours of Flickr"-day. As said in the post, on that day you had to "grab your camera and whatever else you need, and chronicle your day in pictures." It sounded like a fun thing to do, so I signed up for the group and marked my calendar.

So last saturday I got up and started to take pictures with my mobile phone of things I was doing all day. After diner I decided to upload the first batch of pics to Flickr and add them to the photo pool. There was a little surprise: I was only allowed to add one picture to the pool. Checking the group's rules made it all clearer: as a member you could add one and only one picture taken on that particular day. They just wanted to get a general example of what people around the world were doing. No chronological account of your day was necessary.

Let's just say I completely missed that one.....

Nevertheless it was a fun experience and I'm planning on doing it again in the near future, but then going all out: from getting up in the morning until going to sleep at night. And it was a learning experience as well: before doing something, don't just assume you know the rules.

No comments: